Leoxz is a manufacturer of sim racing hardware and is now no stranger to the industry. The company was founded in 2020 by Leo Evans. Leoxz has rapidly gained popularity in recent years and focuses on developing high-quality sim racing hardware that is affordable for a wide audience. Leoxz's products mainly include steering wheels, adapters and accessories. Leoxz offers a wide range of steering wheels, from basic models to high-end models with all features.
Leoxz has recently now launched its new Leoxz XGT Pro Steering wheel introduced. The 295 mm diameter Formula/GTrim is built around a CNC milled anodised aluminium chassis, fitted with a 4mm 3K carbon fibre front plate. In this article, we take you through everything you need to know about this new high-quality steering wheel!
Leoxz XGT Pro
The Leoxz XGT Pro wheel has a 0.96-inch IPS screen and a rev display with 9 RGB LEDs. Both the screen and the Rev LEDs can be configured via the well-known SimHub software. Furthermore, the XGT Pro is equipped with 14 illuminated RGB push buttons, 2 multidirectional joysticks with integrated encoders, 4 push button encoders and 2 thumb encoders.
At the rear are the two magnetic non-contact Hall sensor shift paddles with adjustable bite point mode and shaft mode. Two additional clutch paddles are optionally available. The handlebar can be attached to a quick release via 70mm diameter QR-montagegegates. Leoxz supplies an optional powered QR for Fanatec, Simagic or Moza Racing wheelbases. Fanatec mode is compatible with a PS4/5 on Fanatec bases and supports access to the Fanatec Tuning Menu for adjusting wheelbase settings.
The wheel connects via a GX12 threaded USB interface and a USB double twisted cable, or via an optional Low latency 2.4G *wireless interface. (*Keep in mind that you need to buy an XGT 2.4G Link separately as a USB receiver).
Design and build quality
The XGT Pro looks great with a simple and sleek design. What is immediately noticeable is that the design is very similar to the popular GSI X-29. The Leoxz XGT PRO captures the imagination with its sleek design and robust build quality. The device is designed to be both aesthetically pleasing and functionally durable, allowing it to withstand everyday slijtage.
Price of the Leoxz XGT Pro
At the time of writing, the standard LEOXZ XGT Pro Steering Wheel is available for pre-order for ? 399.95 + shipping and local taxes. For optional prices including various quick-release units and/or the optional clutch pedals or XGT 2.4G wireless link, check the official website. Pre-orders are expected to ship sometime between 31 December 2023 and 2 January 2024.
Leoxz XGT Pro Features
Below are the key features of the new Leoxz XGT Pro:
- 295mm polyurethane grip, produced by high-precision moulds, has a special coating on the surface, and the delicate texture satisfies different driving needs.
- The back and paddles are processed with CNC technology and coated with black anodising to achieve optimum appearance and durability.
- The front panel and paddles are made of 4mm 3K carbon fibre with a high-quality textured coating.
- 9+14+4 RGB LEDs customisable via SimHub.
- 0.96-inch IPS display with a resolution of 160×80 pixels and a refresh rate of 60fps, and the dashboard can be customised via SimHub.
- 14 RGB buttons with 500g actuation pressure, 2 multidirectional joysticks with integrated encoders and 4 push-button encoders, 2 thumb buttons.
- It comes with a standard magnetic shift paddle, and additional clutch paddles are available as options.
- The clutch paddles can be set to bite point mode or axis mode.
- All paddles use non-contact Hall sensors for long-term durability.
- 70mm diameter QR-mon1TP3Hole.
- It can be connected to Leoxz Fanatec QR via the QR cable interface to unlock the torque of the Fanatec base.
- Optional powered QR for Fanatec, Simagic and Moza.
- Fanatec mode for compatibility with PS4/5 on Fanatec bases. Supports access to the Fanatec Tuning Menu for adjusting basic settings
- Low latency 2.4G wireless functionality (you need to purchase an XGT 2.4G Link separately as a USB receiver)
- Equipped with an industrial GX12 threaded USB interface and a USB double twisted cable with nylon tensile strength, subjected to 100,000 cycles of cable twisting tests
The Leoxz XGT Pro is compatible with the following wheelbases:
- Simucube SC1, SC2
- Fanatec DD1, DD2, CSW, CSL DD, DD Pro (Base torque must be unlocked with Leoxz Fanatec QR)
- Simagic Alpha Mini, Alpha, Alpha ultimate
- Moza R12 (The V1 base does not support QR power. The V2 base supports QR functionality, but Leoxz has only tested it on R12, so compatibility with other bases cannot be guaranteed. In this case, USB cable can be used for power supply).
- Asetek Direct Drive Wheelbase (Installation of the Invicta Quick Release Adapter is required for the steering wheel)