Fanatec CSL DD (8Nm) wheelbase for PC and Xbox
When the wheel is mounted directly to the frame, there is no belt or gear drive to reduce force feedback effects. The clear choice of all professional drivers and enthusiastic sim racers is now available to a wider audience.
Our strong relationship with game developers means the CSL DD has wide compatibility and consistent behaviour for many popular titles. The standard tuning menu has been simplified so beginners can get started quickly without worrying about settings. The Advanced Tuning Menu remains for enthusiasts.
The 100% custom engine was developed in Germany specifically for sim racing. It delivers sensational performance thanks to patented FluxBarrier technology, transmitting the nuances of force-feedback details to your hands with remarkable clarity.
Efficient and reactive
The efficiency of the CSL DD motor technology means that dynamic force-feedback performance is incorporated into a small footprint. This is also the first industrial engine with a carbon fibre composite motor shaft, which significantly increases responsiveness and acceleration thanks to its low rotational masses.
Up to 8Nm torque
The standard peak torque is 5 Nm, with the Boost Kit 180 (sold separately) unlocking the full 8 Nm. This high torque can be sustained without the need for active cooling, with the extruded and CNC-machined aluminium housing acting as both the structural chassis and the heatsink.
The CSL DD uses a car-quality, all-aluminium quick-release tensioner. This part can be exchanged by the user, ready for the transition to the all-new QR2 system (available soon).
Ready for the future
The all-aluminium construction and anodised surface ensure strength and durability and provide a robust connection to Fanatec steering wheels.
Internally connected to the wheel base via USB-C, the quick release can be easily upgraded to the next-generation QR2 system (available soon). Existing Fanatec wheels with an interchangeable Quick Release can also be upgraded to QR2.
- Direct-Drive system delivers instant, detailed force feedback
- Linear, consistent performance (8 Nm peak torque)
- Optional Boost Kit 180 (sold separately) unlocks maximum force (8 Nm peak torque)
- Patented, exclusive FluxBarrier technology optimises engine efficiency and smoothness
- Full Fanatec SDK support ensures instant compatibility with all major racing games
- The standard tuning menu allows beginners to get started quickly without worrying about settings
- The advanced tuning menu allows enthusiasts to tailor the force-feedback features to their driving preferences
- High resolution (non-contact) Hall position sensor, same as Podium Series
- Steering shaft made of carbon fibre-reinforced composite
- Fanless: wheel base housing is made of aluminium (passive heat sink, structural core component) with composite end caps
- Rotation: 2520 degrees (electronically limited, adjustable)
- Slip-ring system (lifetime tested for thousands of hours) ensures cable-free supply of power and data to steering wheels
- Automotive quality quick-release device, exchangeable
- T-nut rail system at sides and bottom for easily adjustable hard montage
- Optional table clamp (sold separately), supports a table thickness of 5 to 60 mm
USB-C to PC/console
Shifter 2 (sequential only)
- Front-mounted threaded inserts for Fanatec accessories (e.g. ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles, sold separately). Not intended for front montage of the wheelbase on a simracing chassis/cockpit.
The CSL DD is compatible with:
- Fanatec Podium Steering wheels
- Fanatec ClubSport steering wheels
- Fanatec CSL steering wheels
- All Fanatec pedals (adapter cables may be required on pedals without RJ12 connector)
- Fanatec ClubSport Shifters (including ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles)
- Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake V1 and V1.5
- Fanatec RennSport Cockpits
- ClubSport Table Clamp V2
- CSL DD table clamp
- Boost kit 180
- Podiummontage brackets (the CSL DD includes M6 T-nuts for sidemontage; the ??Podiummontage brackets require the use of M6 bolts and washers)
PC: This wheelbase is compatible with PC in combination with a Fanatec steering wheel. Check individual wheel product pages for wheelbase compatibility.
Xbox®: this wheelbase becomes compatible with Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S when used with a Fanatec Xbox-licensed wheel.
PlayStation®: this product is not compatible with a PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.